Contact InformationLannette Cress
2301 Capitol Ave
Cheyenne WY 82002
The mission of the Wyoming Access to Justice Commission is to promote fair and equal access to civil justice in Wyoming.
To further that mission, a streamlined Commission now serves four primary functions:
1. Acting as an advisory body to the Supreme Court in support of the Court meeting its statutory obligations under the 2010 Wyoming Civil Legal Services Act (Wyo. Stat. Ann. § 5-2-121, et. seq.)(Act). This includes assisting the Court in its role as liaison with the Legislature, Agencies, Bar, etc.
2. Acquiring and maintaining funding and other resources in support of Equal Justice Wyoming’s (EJW) efforts consistent with the Act and the December 2008 Wyoming Supreme Court Order Creating the Access to Justice Commission (Order).
3. Exercising limited, focused independent oversight over EJW as contemplated by the Act and the Order.
4. Serving as a resource to EJW for specific tasks where the EJW Board of Commissioners determines the Commission can be most helpful.
In performing these functions, the Commission prioritizes its support of EJW’s efforts in the following areas:
- Increased pro bono participation
- Elder care
- Identification and implementation of alternative and creatives ways to deliver civil legal services to Wyoming’s economically disadvantaged citizens.
About the AJC
The Access to Justice Commission was established by Court order on December 16, 2008. Its mission is to promote fair and equal access to civil justice in Wyoming.
- Wyoming Civil Legal Needs Assessment: Executive Summary (Aug. 2020)
- Wyoming Civil Legal Needs Assessment (August 2020)
- Needs Assessment Presentation
- Wyoming Access to Justice Commission’s 2020 Report to the Wyoming Supreme Court (Jan. 30, 2020)
- Order Repealing the Existing Bylaws and Rules of Wyoming Access to Justice Comm. and Order Adopting Bylaws and Rules of the Wyo. AJC (eff. March 1, 2020)
- Order Appointing and/or Reappointing Member(s) to the Wyoming Access to Justice Commission (Dec. 20, 2019)
- Resolution on 100% Access Goal
- Resolution on Pro Bono Policies and Procedures
- Elder and Vulnerable Adult Task Force Report Submitted to Governor January 20, 2017
- Report to the Wyoming Supreme Court & Five-Year Strategic Plan – 2015-2020 (Nov. 20, 2014)
- Governor Freudenthal Letter of Support
- Enrolled Act No. 58 – Legal Services Funding
- AJC White Paper
- Commission’s Three-Year Evaluation and Report
- Report to the Wyoming Supreme Court (July 1, 2013)
- Order Establishing 2012 Priorities for the AJC
- Order Establishing Access to Justice Commission
- 2011.06.13 Meeting Minutes
- 2010.12.17 Meeting Minutes
- 2010.11.01 Access to Justice Report to Legislature
- 2010.08.26 Meeting Minutes
- 2010.07.23 Meeting Minutes
- 2010.05.27 Meeting Minutes
- 2010.05.06 Meeting Minutes
- 2010.03.11 Meeting Minutes
- 2009.09.24 Meeting Minutes
- 2009.08.18 Meeting Minutes
- 2009.07.15 Meeting Minutes
- 2009.06.09 Meeting Minutes
- 2009.05.05 Meeting Minutes
- 2009.03.11 Meeting Minutes
- 2009.02.27 Meeting Minutes
- 2009.02.10 Meeting Minutes
- 2009.01.27 Meeting Minutes
- 2009.01.13 Meeting Minutes
- 2008.12.16 Meeting Minutes
- 2008.12.02 Meeting Minutes