Lisa Finkey, J.D.
2301 Capitol Ave.
Cheyenne, WY 82002
Data and CQI
Overview and History
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services awarded the Wyoming Supreme Court a court grant in July 1999. The purpose of the grant is to assess and improve the juvenile court system’s process involving Wyoming’s most vulnerable population—abused and neglected children. In October 1999, the Supreme Court appointed an advisory council consisting of judges, attorneys, a representative from the Department of Family Services, a foster care alumna, and other professionals involved in the child protection system.
If you are interested in ordering a hard copy please contact Whitney Agopian.
Neglect Hearing Checklists
The following Neglect Hearing Checklists are intended to assist judges, county attorneys, guardians ad litem, parents’ attorneys and caseworkers comply with the letter and spirit of the Federal Adoption and Safe Families Act. A long and short version of each checklist can be downloaded by clicking on the icon below. In order to provide resources that are useful to judges, attorneys and caseworkers, please provide us your comments on how we can improve the checklists. We will continually assess the need to revise the checklists based on comments received and any changes made to federal or state law.
Shelter Care / Initial Hearing
- Shelter Care Hearing Order
- Initial Hearing Order
- Decree (Dispositional Order)
- Order Upon Six Month Review and/or Permanency
Office Hours from Noon to 1:00 PM
- Attend Trainings
- Phone: 1-669-900-6833, ID#: 897 018 141#
- Attend Office Hours
- Phone: 1-669-900-6833, ID#: 754 880 594
Click here to download Zoom
Webinar Recordings and Materials
- January 9, 2020, Evidence for Child Welfare Attorneys
- September 12, 2019, Wyoming Practice Model
In-Person Training from 8:30 AM to 1:00 PM
- January 22, 2020, First Judicial District Community Training, Cheyenne District Court
- March 18, 2020, Fourth Judicial District Community Training, Buffalo District Court
- March 19, 2020. Sixth Judicial District Community Training, Gillette District Court
- May 22, 2020, Ninth Judicial District Community Training, Lander District Court
- July 13, 2020, Fifth Judicial District Community Training, Cody District Court
- June 16 – 18, 2020, Wyoming’s Joint Symposium on Children and Youth, Cheyenne, Wyoming
The Wyoming Children’s Justice Project (CJP) announces the availability of scholarships for district court judges and/or attorneys who prosecute or accept court appointments to represent children or parents in child abuse and neglect (non-criminal), child in need of supervision, and termination of parental rights cases. These scholarships are intended to encourage judges and attorneys to attend national conferences that focus upon child welfare, juvenile, and family law. The scholarships may cover registration fees and reimbursement of airfare, lodging, meals and other travel expenses. Attorneys approved for scholarships must contribute at least 25% of the conference expenses, and agree to share the information learned with other attorneys and/or others working or volunteering in the juvenile court system.
Community Refresher Training
- Negative Permanency Hearing Video
- Positive Permanency Hearing Video
- Shelter Care Hearing without Advisement
- Shelter Care Hearing with Advisement
Juvenile Court Training Modules
Module 1: Overview of Juvenile Court
Module 2: Abuse and Neglect Proceedings
Module 3: Child In Need of Supervision(CHINS) Proceedings
Module 4: Delinquency Proceedings
Module 5: Multidisciplinary Team
Module 6: Confidentiality
Archived BlogTalk Topics
- State and Federal Laws (including Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA) and Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children (ICPC))
- Timely, Thorough and Complete Court Hearings
- Permanency for Children and Youth
- High Quality Legal Representation for Parents, Children and DFS Family Engagement
- Physical, Social and Emotional Well-being for Children and Youth
- March 13, 2020 – 10:00 a.m.
- May 15, 2020 – 10:00 a.m.
- September 11, 2020 – 10:00 a.m.
- December 11, 2020 – 10:00 a.m.
- March 12, 2021 – 10:00 a.m.
- May 14, 2021 – 10:00 a.m.
- September 10, 2021 – 10:00 a.m.
- December 10, 2021 – 10:00 a.m.
Order Appointing Council Members
- 2019 May Minutes
- 2019 March Minutes
- 2018 December Minutes
- 2018 September Minutes
- 2018 May Minutes
- 2018 March Minutes
- 2017 December Minutes
- 2017 September Minutes
- 2017 May Minutes
- 2017 March Minutes
- 2016 December Minutes
- 2016 August Minutes
- 2016 June Minutes
- 2016 March Minutes
- 2015 December Minutes
- 2015 August Minutes
- 2015 June Minutes
- 2015 March Minutes
- 2014 December Minutes
- 2014 August Minutes
- 2014 June Minutes
- 2014 March Minutes
- 2014 January Minutes
- 2013 October Minutes
|Name / Title||Capacity||City||Term Expiration|
|Hon. Kate M. Fox, Chair Justice||Wyoming Supreme Court||Cheyenne||06/30/2021|
|Kerri Bumgardner Uinta County District Court Clerk||District Court Clerk||Evanston||06/30/2021|
|Lauren Radakovich Deputy County and Prosecuting Attorney, Sweetwater County||Prosecutor||Green River||06/30/2021|
|Affie Ellis Senator, District 08||Senator||Cheyenne||06/30/2020|
|Jeff Lamm CQI/CFSP/APSR/CFSR Lead||Wyoming Department of Family Services||Cheyenne||06/30/2021|
|Edwin Heimer Agency Administrator||Wyoming Department of Family Services||Cody||06/30/2020|
|Michelle Heinen UPLIFT, Parent Advocate||Parent Advocate||Cheyenne||06/30/2021|
|Hon. Bobbi Overfield District Court Judge||District Court Judge||Worland||06/30/2022|
|Jill Kucera Senior Assistant Attorney General||Attorney General or designee||Cheyenne||06/30/2022|
|Ayana Lopez Youth Advocate||Youth Advocate||Cheyenne||06/30/2020|
|Jennifer Neely Training and ICWA Lead||Wyoming Department of Family Services||Cheyenne||06/30/2022|
|Marty Nelson Agency Administrator||Wyoming Department of Family Services||Cheyenne||06/30/2022|
|Tara Nethercott Senator, District 04||Senator||Cheyenne||06/30/2020|
|Ryan Roden Deputy State Public Defender||Wyoming State Public Defender or designee||Cheyenne||06/30/2021|
|Hon. Thomas W. Rumpke District Court Judge||District Court Judge||Gillette||06/30/2022|
|Hon. Sara Robinson Wind River Tribal Court Judge||Wind River Tribal Court Judge||Ft. Washakie||06/30/2022|
|Hon. Dawnessa Snyder District Court Judge||District Court Judge||Rawlins||06/30/2020|
|Carol Tullio CASA of Laramie County||Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA)||Cheyenne||06/30/2021|
|Leigh Anne Manlove District Attorney, Laramie County||District Attorney||Cheyenne||6/30/2021|
|Dan Wilde Director, GAL Program||Guardian ad Litem||Cheyenne||06/30/2019|
|Lindsey Schilling Provider Operations Administrator, Medicaid||Department of Health||Cheyenne||06/30/2021|
|Josh Eames Senior Assistant Attorney General||Attorney General||Cheyenne||06/30/2022|
|Korin Schmidt Deputy Director, Ex-Officio Member||Wyoming Department of Family Services||Cheyenne||6/30/2020|
|Jennifer Davis Ex-Officio Member||Wyoming Children’s Trust Fund||Cheyenne||6/30/2021|
|Lily Sharpe State Court Administrator, Ex-Officio Member||Supreme Court Administrator||Cheyenne||6/30/2020|
Children’s Justice Project – The Golden Award
In 2008, the Wyoming Supreme Court Children’s Justice Project established the Excellence Award to recognize an individual involved in the child welfare system who has made significant contributions to the system and is dedicated to improving the lives of children and families. The award is presented each year at the Children’s Justice Conference. Nominations for the award are solicited statewide. The Award Selection Committee is comprised of past award recipients. In 2014, the Excellence Award was renamed after Justice Michael Golden (the 2014 Excellence Award recipient) and is now referred to as the Justice Michael Golden Award or the “Golden Award”.
- 2019 Jeri and Marshall Sanderson
- 2018 Guardian ad Litem Anniversary Celebration (10 years)
- 2017 Sandra S. Kitchen
- 2016 John M. Burman
- 2015 Judge Steven Cranfill
- 2014 Justice Michael Golden
- 2012 Brenden McKinney
- 2011 Jean Day
- 2010 Rick Robb
- 2009 Stacey Obrecht
- 2008 Dan Wilde